9/5/13

Senior year talk

That day she was at her best friend's house just chit chatting as usual, not minding the clock ticking as it was actually late to say farewell to her other friend who was going to go overseas for year but they got caught up in a heavy rain that forced them to stay at the house until it ended. "What do you want to be when you grow up?", the best friend asked, it wasn't all of a sudden, since their conversations recently led up to this topic. The high school afterlife, and of course; college. "Well I've wanted to be a surgeon since ever, cardio thoracic surgeon", she replied. "No, that's not what I was talking about", the best friend raised her brows. "You know what I mean", she continued. The girl thought about it for a second, she almost got this figured out when her best friend was all, "If your parents are wealthy, can afford enrolling you to any college in the world, or shape you to who you want to be". Her best friend's tone was demanding, and she wanted a real answer this time. "Well I guess...", the girl said, still deciding to say it out loud or not, whether her best friend will laugh at what she might say or not. "I want to be an a-", the girl couldn't finish her sentence, but her best friend knew it. "You want to be an actress", her best friend finished her almost-said sentence. The girl thought for a moment, not rejecting nor refusing what her best friend got to say, but not completely agreeing what she said. The best friend always got her all figured out, well she might as well know the girl more than the girl knows herself. It will always be like this for them, it sure had benefits but some disadvantages, too. "I just want to help people out and inspire people, if I get famous, well that's a bonus, but I do think I'm passionate about acting and music", the girl finally opened up and ignoring her voice in the head that said that the best friend might laugh about it. "What are you passionate about?", the girl asked to her best friend. Dancing, the voice in the girl's head said. "Well if I could, I want to be a passionate dancer", her best friend replied. It wasn't completely a lucky guess, it was simply an I've-spent-lots-of-time-with-you-so-I-know-you-inside-out guess. "I guess it will always be awesome for those people who are passionate about something and want to pursue something in that field, without having to listen what other might say or having doubts whether they might be successful or not", the girl said. "But I'm not willing to take that risk though. Well I think getting into medical school is already a lot to handle. I know I'm a coward, but I also want to be a surgeon badly", the girl continued, pouring it all to her best friend, who sighed when the girl finished her sentence, and finally she replied. "It will be that way for me, too. I'm not refusing it, I just stopped thinking about it, because the more I think about not being a pro dancer, the more I will get hurt and scarred". "It will be great to have the best of both worlds though..", her bestfriend said in hope. "I know", the girl said.

Published via Blogger for iPad

No comments: