4/27/12

Greeeeeeeeeeeece! :)

Hello hello lovely people!


So I know I haven't been blogging for a while, it's been a long while now. But as most high schoolers are, I've been a bit occupied. However, I have a very important yet vivid reason why I haven't been writing here: a theater performance called 'Antigone'. It's been almost 4 months since we're doing this huge project (we; as in me, my friends, and my seniors), it's gonna be my debut for the theater performance and it's going to be held this weekend! So excited, but nervous and I hope I could overcome the stage fright aswell.


Okay now about the play entitled Antigone, it's about a greek tragedy by Sophocles, and the set is from BC. We're going to jazz it up a bit just to match with the current humanity issues and making it look a bit modern than the real script(because it's involving a lot of dance moves and singing), but nonetheless we're still working on the despair and gloomyness of the real script so that the audience will get the idea of what we're trying to say.


The part I'm playing is Chorus which is basically the citizen/background but not easy nonetheless--because we have to memorize the dance without looking like we're memorizing it. Not easy but not something I would give  up on easily. We also get to do the roleplay every time we start the rehearsal, it's interesting in some ways, and rusty, but this is the fun part! Before the roleplay, we started off by doing some voice control--which was never easy at first, trust me. Our rehearsal starts at 3pm every day and ends at 9pm or 10pm, we have our run-throughs--or rolling, when we play full scenes with no cut--everyday aswell as the dance practice. 



The posters :)

So last night we were practicing every scene with some setting adjustment (where to put the trees, the rock, the castle’s brickstone, the fort) so we didn’t have run-through. It was important nonetheless, because we had some changes to our scene and some changes to our blockings.

Today we are planning to rehearse with Chorus’ costumes on and make up, and also we’re gonna have two run-throughs. I skip school to get some sleep (yes because I need it badly from last night’s rehearsal, which ended at 10.30pm) and to get ready for the two run-throughs. It’s gonna be tiring but yet, what do we not do to make tomorrow’s performance perfect and decent?




the huge billboard in front of the school 






:}



credits!

And yes, tomorrow is THE day! I’m soo excited and jelly to those who are watching (because after having to practice the run-through almost everyday, I feel like watching this play, it’s sooo cool). So congrats to those who have bought the tickets and have the opportunity to watch, and to those who haven’t bought the ticket, what are you waiting for? The drapes are open, the actors and ready, and the props & mise en scenes are set :)


Last but not least,



VVIP: IDR 35K / VIP A: IDR 30K / VIP B: IDR 25K / Festival: IDR 15K 
Available on the spot 




1 comment:

Unknown said...

salam kenal.kunjungi blog ku